A pamphlet is a useful marketing tool that can relay an important message about your business and help you influence consumers’ buying decision. It does not cost much and as it is distributed directly to the potential buyers, they pay attention to the message.
Here are some pamphlet design suggestions for you.
- Decide the focus and purpose of your pamphlet. Most of the times, marketers use it to educate consumers or to sell a product/service. The pamphlet encourages customers to take an action such as buy/visit/subscribe etc. If you want to design a pamphlet for your company or shop, then it should contain details about your business, list of products and a few testimonials. On the other hand, if you want to educate people about an issue such as pollution or global crisis of drinking water, the content should include press clippings, data charts, images that prove the situation and a call-to-action message.
- You must identify the target market. Once you know the age, gender, financial status and education level of your target audience, it’s easier to plan the layout. Use your knowledge about consumers to determine the color scheme, text style, language quality and distribution channels.
- Deciding the distribution mechanism is very important as it can affect the final cost very much. For example, if you hire a group of people to distribute it to potential customers, it may cost you quite a lot but if you send it to shops and libraries so that people can pick it on their own, the cost would be quite less. You can also distribute it online and reach millions of consumers without spending much.
- Decide the size of the pamphlet. The most common two sizes are 3 3/4 inches by 5 3/4 inches and 5 3/8 inches by 8 1/2 inches. However, if you want to make something larger than that, contact your printing service provider in advance. It will help him decide the fold pattern and you can also place the content properly so that the fold does not chop any part of a sentence.
- Maintain white space in pamphlet design to retain the aesthetic appeal. You may want to share lots of information with readers but that should not prompt you to clutter the pages as they won’t read something that tires their eyes. Select a font that is easy to read and make sure the font size is large enough so that aged people can read the text comfortably.
- Give 1 inch margin at the top, bottom and left size of each page and place photographs inside text content to explain your points faster.
- For the cover design, you should use an image or hand drawn illustration. Write a catch line to encourage viewers to read rest of the content.
- Proofread the content thoroughly to make sure that there are no spelling or grammatical mistakes. You can also ask your friends to share their feedback and make the necessary changes. If you are happy with everything, send it to the printer.
Pamphlet design is not that difficult when you know the ideal process. Follow the aforementioned guidelines to create a promotional/educational pamphlet and fulfill your marketing goals.
Follow us at twitter for latest brochure designing tips : @brochuredesigning
Take a look at our professional brochure design service: www.brochure-design-india.com
For latest tips and tricks, visit – Brochure Design Blog
Related Posts :
Designing Pamphlets for Marketing Your Business Effectively
Top 5 Practices in Pamphlet Design
Catalog or Pamphlet: Which One is Better for Business Promotion?
Is Effective Pamphlet Design Essential for Elevation of Business?
How Can Pamphlets Help You Promote Your Business